9/26/2007

Thing 9 - MERLIN, Avatars, Feedster, Technorati, and the Whole Kitchen Sink

Meet my new avatar, courtesy of Meez. His name is Prakashsteve. Oddly enough, he, too, likes photography! I found the link to Meez through the MERLIN site, sort of. Truth be told, I find MERLIN hard to navigate, too busy and crowded with stuff. For instance, if it hadn't been for the link on the 23 Things page, I would have never found the Gaming & Avatars section of the MERLIN website. I think there is a ton of useful information on MERLIN, I just wish it was more user-friendly in its layout.

I found Feedster to be really effective at finding all kinds of feeds that interest me. I added a couple to my blogroll, so, as I said in the previous post, there's too much of interest for me to even try to look at it all. I like the fact that it's easy to search for podcasts, which I view regularly to keep up to speed with some of the exotic Photoshop how-tos. Technorati is also pretty good at finding the information you might want, but I'm a tad fonder of Feedster at this point.

As for the standard feed icons, I've noticed them on my Firefox and IE7 browsers. Maybe now I know what to do with them!

No comments: