9/21/2007

Thing 6 - Mashups & Trading Cards

Definitely a fun exercise! I found myself wondering: who has the time to work on all these wonderful creations? I guess young people have both time and expertise for such things. It's an interesting way of expressing yourself while sharing the wealth, as it were.

Mappr wasn't working the day I tried it, but it's a neat idea to display information geographically. I bet it helps spark relationships across the world based on, at times, your whims that day. The Color Pickr was astonishingly cool. As an avid photographer, I was impressed that it allowed you to not only choose photos by color but also by luminosity (the relative brightness and intensity of a color) when using the slider.

I did manage to whip up a trading card from one of my quirky rock photos. I could see using this for lots of other applications.


Here's the original photo the from which the trading card was made.


On to Thing 8!

No comments: